SECTION 4 | WORSHIP WITH ALL YOUR MIND
What is your favorite worship song or hymn? Why?
->Watch the Video Teaching by Pastor Fernando – Section 4
“Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” 37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[f] 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22: 36 – 37
-> Last week we talked about emotions but today we want to focus on the importance of reason in worship
What does it mean to love the Lord with all your mind?
• Dedicating our minds to knowing him.
• Thinking clearly and truly about him so that we don’t have false ideas in our minds.
• Not being satisfied with merely an intellectual awareness of his attributes, character, and acts but intentionally devoting that mental effort to serve the affections (emotions) for God.
-> The story of Paul in Athens C Read Acts 17: 16 – 26
QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION
1. What do we learn about worship in this passage?
WE LEARNED THESE FOUR WEEKS:
• To worship is to love God
• We are to worship him from the heart, being sincere
• We are to let our emotions free when we worship. Give it all to Him
• We must understand why we worship and who we worship
-> How did this study change the way you worship?